Job Summary: This role includes Data Sciences/analysis and Tableau reporting Development responsibilities and is primarily responsible for data management and operational reporting development within the eODS and Data Warehouse environment of myNEXUS. This candidate must have experience in Tableau development, data sciences, including statistical data analysis, and have strong SQL experience to query, maintain, and create reports across SSRS, SSAS, and other SQL related tools. The ideal candidate is creative, self-sufficient and resourceful. They must have the ability to quickly learn both the technology and business concepts, and experience in working with both business and IT teams. This role is essential to the overall Data Analytics strategy of myNEXUS and will be responsible for owning the analytical approach to enterprise reporting, data and Tableau development, automation, instrumentation, and tooling to accelerate and evolve our data analytics capabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Solve requirements with complex Tableau development including dashboards, reporting, functions/algorithms, and statistical functions
Architect and model database structures to satisfy analytical and technical requirements
Think analytically to understand complex business events for data sourcing and reporting
Analyze conditions and identify strategies that minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance.
Utilize SSDT to construct enterprise level ETL procedures, manage integrations with eODS and Data Warehouse, ensuring data integrity and proper data transformations to load data from source systems into target data structures
Manage code and documentation within online repository and use agile tools to track and manage work progress (Azure DevOPs).
Participate in team lunch and learns, design sessions, and pattern/code reviews.
Provide mentoring and coaching to fellow developers
Participate in peer technical reviews and business brainstorming sessions
- Experience in Tableau development and report writing is required with examples of advanced visuals and dashboarding.
- Data Science understanding/practice including data analysis, statistical analysis and application to reporting solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience in developing in Tableau and other BI solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 solutions and reporting
- 3+ years’ experience with an ETL tools targeting a relational database engine (MSSQL) or Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008/2012
- Advanced understanding of Relational and Dimensional data structures and use
- Negotiation and persuasion skills; ability to facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Review the designs, code, and test plans of other engineers and developers
- Strong listening skills; ability to capture requirements expressed in design meetings
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience with Agile development (SAFE or other)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with BI tools such as Microsoft BI & Tableau
- Mentors team members in technology, architecture and delivery of applications
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required
- Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams
- Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative
- Possesses the cultural attributes of the organization and understands how to work in a small fast paced environment.
- Demonstrable Software Development experience
- Understanding of cloud-based database platforms and the configuration and use of the environment.
- Knowledge of database architecture and design
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Data Sciences or equivalent job experience.
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from providers, patients or family members.