|Title:||Database Administrator / SQL Developer|
Job Summary: The SQL Developer is primarily responsible for database design and development on MS SQL Server. This candidate must be creative, self-sufficient and resourceful. They must have the ability to quickly learn both the technology and business concepts, and experience in working with both business and IT teams. The Sr. Database Developer role is essential and will be responsible for automation, instrumentation, and tooling to accelerate database development, change management, deployment, monitoring, and operational support. This role will be responsible for all aspects of database release management in our deployment pipeline. This role will also be an integral part in scaling out our data platform as we grow by aggregating large and complex datasets from various systems into well-designed analytic data stores and providing agile data services to the enterprise.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Architect and model database structures to satisfy business process and technical requirements
Solve requirements with complex SQL (window functions, OUTER APPLY, CTE’s...), advanced performance tuning, and replication.
Think analytically to understand complex business events for data sourcing
Analyze conditions and identify strategies that minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance.
Utilize Informatica/SSIS to construct enterprise level ETL procedures, ensuring data integrity and proper data transformations to load data from source systems into target data structures
Manage code with Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server.
Participate in team lunch and learns, design sessions, and pattern/code reviews.
Provide mentoring and coaching to junior/mid-level developers
Participate in peer technical reviews and business brainstorming sessions
- 5-7 years' experience in developing Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 solutions.
- 3+ years' experience with an ETL tools targeting a relational database engine (MSSQL) or Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008/2012.
- Advanced understanding of Relational and Dimensional modeling.
- Advanced understanding of performance tuning and database constraint concepts such as indexes, primary keys, and reading query execution plans
- Negotiation and persuasion skills; ability to facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Review the designs, code, and test plans of other engineers and developers.
- Strong listening skills; ability to capture requirements expressed in design meetings.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required.
- Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams.
- Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative.
- Possesses the cultural attributes of the organization and understands how to work in a small fast paced environment.
- Demonstrable Software Development experience.
- Understanding of Azure Web Services a plus.
- Knowledge of database architecture and design
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent job experience.